Garden City Homes is part of Wythenshawe Community Housing Group (WCHG) which provides affordable low cost home ownership through government funded schemes, including Shared Ownership and Help to Buy. Our developments comprise of 2 and 3 bedroom homes, which are located in Wythenshawe, Manchester.
The new homes will be located across several sites in popular Wythenshawe neighbourhoods. The properties are designed to provide high quality affordable family homes. Wythenshawe was planned as a ‘Garden City’ in the 1920s and, as a result, almost every home has its own garden, making Wythenshawe one of the greenest areas in Manchester. Garden City Homes continues the tradition of providing family homes with gardens and easy access to both city centre and countryside.
Buying your first home is the fulfilment of an aspiration for many people. It is therefore important to make sure you are buying into a shared ownership scheme that is sold fairly, professionally and has high standards, with your interests at heart. Garden City Homes sells the government-backed, standard shared ownership schemes. This offers a level of consumer fairness and reassurance which others schemes may not.
When you buy a shared ownership through Garden City Homes we make the following promises:
- You are buying through a government-recognised, non-profit provider
- Any surplus we make is used to develop more new homes or to improve homes and the communities where we work, not as profits for shareholders.
- The lease we use contains fair terms, as approved by government, and is accepted by the major banks and building societies that provide shared ownership mortgages.
- We will carry out a proper and fair assessment of your ability to buy and sustain a shared ownership home, based on Government guidelines.
- We use the government’s approved Affordability Calculator to make our assessment.
- If you are not eligible we will tell you why and try to suggest alternative suitable housing options.
- We will guide you through the entire sale.
- We will answer your enquiries within an agreed, published timescale and give you a named contact to talk to.